Monday, April 14, 2014

backyard 2014 - part one


 
  I decided to do one productive thing while on spring break this week so I got out in the backyard and did some much needed gardening.  All this warm weather we had during winter has played havoc with some of my plants.
 
  I know, I know... waa, waa, waa it wasn't cold enough, poor baby... I'm not complaining, just stating a fact. But it really has ~ look
 

 
  Half my apple tree (it is a 2 in 1) all ready has apples while the other half barely has leaf buds. Usually the two types ~ Anna and Fuji grow and bloom at the same time. I might get a couple of the Anna apples if they ripen before the baby birds are big enough to start eating them. Not that I mind the birds, they are fun to watch. 


 
  I'm going to have grapes about two months early. My miniature chardonnay grape vine is growing like Audrey 2.  I swear I heard "Feed Me!!" last night. The scary part is the roots have busted through the bottom of the large flower pot and are growing into the ground, Eeek! I'm glad my name's not Seymour.
 
 


   One plant that has thrived in the warmer weather is my climbing rose. It has been in the ground for 6 years and even though it is in a protected spot it never really "did" much, but in a matter of months it's doubled in size and the amount of flowers is amazing.

Part two to come...


TTFN,
Chris =]

3 comments:

  1. We woke up to 3 inches of snow. I'm wanting to escape to your lovely garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to part 2! I really pictured myself with a nice Mediterranean type balcony, covered in plants, but that didn't really happen. I will live vicariously thru you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That genes were only transferred vertically prada replica was the predominant view of scientists until the 1950s when another type of gene transfer was discovered. Horizontal or lateral gene transfer is another means of one organism obtaining dior replica another's genes, but rather than parent to offspring, this method of genetic distribution is based chanel replica on one organism effectively absorbing another organism's DNA whole and intact [source dior replica:

    ReplyDelete