Sunday, February 23, 2014

pinterest project 3, 4 and 5

Three pinterst projects ended up coming together very nicely on my new entryway wall that I put together this past weekend.

Project 3:

wall art with junk for coats

  I saw this wall over at  funky junk interiors and love the collage effect she has going on. So I thought on it for awhile and this is my mini version.



 
   I don't have as big a entry wall but I made it work. I went "shopping" through my craft room and work shop (aka: my corner of the garage) for all my fun junk. The folding chair it is hanging from a bracket I screwed into the wall, I knew I wanted it off the floor. After that I just started nailing things up. The best part is the shelf and little drawer, I can change things as the mood strikes me. Leon the moss ball loves his new spot. I'm sure I'll be puttering around with the wall for awhile.

Project 4:
  
Over at craftiments I found this longitude and latitude art work with free background image. There is a link to a website that gives your address in longitude and latitude coordinates. Yes, I realize that I spelled longitude wrong, the sad thing is the sign has been hanging on the wall for almost 2 years and this is the first time I or any one else has noticed. The frame I got at a local thrift shop and did a brown wash over the existing color.
P.S.  It's also a  great house warming present.

Project 5:

 
   This project came about after a friend gave me a large garbage bag full of wine corks. While I'm not much of a drinker I do like the graphicness and color variations of the corks. It's super easy to do. 
 
- On a large sheet of paper draw your letter or print one from a print shop or word program. Cut out the pattern
-  Trace your pattern onto a piece cardboard or a sheet of luan/chipboard. The advantage of using the cardboard is you don't need a scroll/band saw to cut it. Keep in mind the width and length so you don't end up with odd rows of corks. Cut out the letter.  
- Hot glue the corks a row at a time.
- Hot glue a soda tab as a hanger to the back of the letter.
- All done! =]

Of course I made a cork reindeer.




TTFN.
Chris =]

4 comments:

  1. I love your wall of junk. It's really not junk. So many cool pieces all put together. I really like the wine cork initial. Of course, your wine cork reindeer is pretty sweet too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely love it! Now I want to make my own...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That L is amazing. It'll take me a year to save up enough corks but I might need to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For obvious security reasons, flammable dior replica and explosive materials and disabling chemicals, including hand grenades, plastic explosives, fuels, gasoline chanel replica and lighter fluid are not allowed. Spray paint, turpentine and paint thinner, fire extinguishers and other compressed dior replica gas cylinders, liquid bleach, chlorine for pools and spas and spillable batteries, except those in wheelchairs, are likewise not permitted on the plane.

    ReplyDelete