Tuesday, February 11, 2014

pinterest project 2 - glove squirrel

 

 I don't remember where I first saw this. I used the photo steps and just winged the rest of it. I did find the instructions after the fact.
 I learned that this was an excerpt from a book called Happy Gloves: Charming Softy Friends Made from Colorful Gloves by Miyako Kanamori. Even without the written instructions it was an easy and fun project.
 
 
  The squirrel directions don't specify how big a glove to use. I can recommend that when choosing a glove to look at the distance between the fingers and the palm, that's the section that will become the body. The glove I used was a knit stretch to fit and I wasn't completely happy with it. My squirrel looks more like me, short and stocky. hee, hee     

 
 
 
TTFN,
Chris =]

6 comments:

  1. What an adorable project, Chris! I love how yours turned out!
    Great Job!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this sweet little project.Your squirrel is just darling. I made a snowman family out of a white dollar store glove a few years ago. I wonder where I put that now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep meaning to do the snowman family with my Girl Scout Troop. My problem is too many ideas and not enough time.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Sacha. I know I'm my own worst critic.

      Delete