Monday, December 23, 2013

my friend Sacha


This might be a little "gushy" and is probably going to embarrass her... 
   This is my friend Sacha, She is an officer in the Air Force and is currently stationed in Izmir, Turkey while her husband and children are state side. I think she is a pretty awesome woman who is willing to do what it takes to get the job done even if it means being away from her family for a year.  If you are interested in how different cultures intermingle I suggest you check out her new blog:
 A Haphazard Diary of an Airman in Izmir.  
  
   We met through Girl Scouts when she was stationed here. As we became friends we realized we had a great deal in common: TV shows, books, hobbies, the same sense of humor. It was more than just a couple of things in common, it was almost everything. It's a little spooky, she's like my smarter twin. She claims not to be crafty but she is a wiz at fixing anything! If I ever get chosen for one of those survival shows I'm choosing Ms. "MacGyver" as my partner. 


TTFN,
Chris =]

6 comments:

  1. Great - now I'm crying on Christmas Eve! But the good kind! :) Thank you, Chris. I don't know that I'm the smarter, but if I am, then you're the better overall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas to Sacha and her family. Thank you for all that you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And Merry Christmas to you Chris and your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas! Such a nice post about a great friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely post about a good friend. I'm finally visiting the blogs involved in the tag swap hosted by Chris. Love my tag! :) Pam

    ReplyDelete