Thursday, October 17, 2013

voodoo pincushion swap

   After the zombie swap was over, Val at Yarnigras Swapper Spot decided to keep the fun going by hosting a Voodoo Doll Pincushion Swap. We didn't do a straight swap, the swap I sent didn't go to the person who sent me a swap.
 
   This is what my partner little messy miss sent me:

 
    LMM posted about the Day of the Dead pincushion she made because it's what her swap partner liked. I really hoped it was me she was talking about... and IT WAS!!!!! ((insert happy dance))
   I can't tell you how excited I was when I saw her name on the box. It's a DoD dream come true, especially since I'm not spending money on "unnecessaries". Messy Miss made it possible for me to add three new handmade pieces to my collection, a drawer to add small items to, if I can bear to not show off the sides, a felt sewing kit and the most awesome voodoo pincushion  e.v.e.r. She was so thoughtful, she even sent me a heart shaped rock because she knew I collect them.
 
This is what I sent my partner Melinda
 
 
   My (cute) voodoo doll took on a life of it's own and looks more like a zombie than my zombie did  ~ the fact that it lost half it's body in a horrible measuring accident doesn't help, on the plus side the moss ended up being a great place for pins and needles. I hope Melissa liked 13 pins and a little steampunk. (She did)
 
 
TTFN,
Chris =]
 




5 comments:

  1. Very cool, as always! I particularly like the steampunk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steampunk is something I've been fascinated with but not to sure how to make it work in my crafting.

      Delete
  2. Interesting swap - cute stuff you got and received :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zombies and Voodoo dolls are not my norm. But it was fun to try something new.

      Delete
  3. I always get inspired at all the creativity in blog land...especially near Halloween! Cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete