Tuesday, May 7, 2013

spring has sprung at the little ranchero - part 1

  I was out in my backyard this weekend doing some yard work, I did so may squats that I couldn't cross my legs the next day because my thighs hurt so much. I don't care what MrL says yard work is exercise!
 Everything was so pretty that I had to take time to play with my camera. I like taking photos each spring to see how my backyard changes each year.  
 
   I don't know the name of the plant that produces these puff balls of white flowers it was in the backyard when we bough the house,but it is one of my favorite spring plants.  

   Candy Cane Miniature Rose. What I like most about this plant is the flowers are different each time they bloom.


Chocolate Scented Geranium

 
Japanese Maple saplings - I've been growing these since they were no more than little sticks. Oh they grow up so fast. (tee hee)


 
Climbing Rose


 
 
  These two are blooms from either a Jackaranda or a Mimosa Tree. Again, I'm not sure which. I think the previous owner cut down a tree but didn't get the main root and another tree started growing in its place. It's funny because for the first two year we lived here I kept trying to kill the new shoots. Now we have 9 of these trees growing, 7 of them were started by seeds, none of them are over 5 years old and all of them are over 6ft tall. They grow like crazy.
 
 
 
Part 2 to come shortly...
 
 
 
TTFN,
Chris =]
 
 

 
 



2 comments:

  1. your photos are lovely. that Candy Cane miniature rose is on my HAVE TO HAVE LIST!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Normally I'm not a rose person it's to moist here and they always get rusted, but I had to have this one.
      Chrsi =]

      Delete