Friday, May 10, 2013

craft supply swap

I meant to post about this weeks ago, but I just took pictures of everything.  Before Elizabeth at Creative Breathings had her knee surgery she hosted a craft supply swap. I was paired up with Kim from Midwest Musings. What Fun!!

Kim sent me a box filled with all kinds of neat paper ephemera. I can't wait to find projects to use them in. I know exactly what I'm going to do with the girl scout paper and old handbook pages.
 

She also sent me vintage craft items, pipe cleaners, ribbon with panda bears on it, glitter, buttons, girl scout cupcake toppers, angel and clown picks, plus candy necklaces and candy button - I loved these as a child. Kim was so thoughtful, she sent me a small container of coral and black rocks from Hawaii (I want to live there someday).
 
I'm not sure how Kim knew I had these added to my favorites on Etsy, but when I saw them in my box I was ECSTATIC! I know exactly what I want to do with these.

I remember reading this book when I was in elementary school! I especially remember this page because I wanted to go on that ride. =]
 

For Kim I channeled my inner Jackson Pollock and painted a magnetic lidded box I got at the craft store, then went "shopping" in my craft room for nifty things to fill it with. I might have gone a little overboard, I filled the box and an old fruitcake tin, but I was having so much fun! Plus I've made a new friend.
 
I borrowed this photo from Kim's blog





TTFN,
Chris =]
 

 

 



1 comment: