Tuesday, April 16, 2013

girl scouts in chinatown

I meant to post this weeks ago but you know how it goes. Our trip went better than I expected, we had one little glitch getting into San Fran which was my fault.



   I didn't realize that we were going on St. Patricks Day and we ran into blocked streets. The short version is we went back and forth across the Bay Bridge to get where we needed to be. The girls were excited because they got to see Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge and drive across a San Francisco bridge. They made me laugh. :]


We made it
Portsmouth Square a park and playground on top of a parking garage.

Blooming Pink Magnolia in Portsmouth Square. It smelled heavenly.

Male Chinese Guardian Lion


"My girls"



Grant Street

Dragon Lantern at the beginning of Grant Street

Ross Alley - the oldest alley in Chinatown. 


The Golden Gate Fortune Cookie Factory.

   Did you know that fortune cookies are NOT from China. They are a western invention started in the early 1900's, depending on who you listen to fortune cookies were invented by Japanese immigrant Makoto Hagiwara or Canton immigrant  David Jung. Fortune cookies didn't get to China until the 1990's!

Chinese Dancing Dragon Head


Traditional family dinner. We had 18 people at this huge table with a lazy susan I could have laid across. The food was delish!

The End




TTFN,
Chris =]




2 comments:

  1. The dragon heads kind of resemble the cat in the hat at first glance!! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun bunch! - Makes me want to go visit :)

    ReplyDelete