Sunday, March 3, 2013

softball season

  Even though it has been 5 years since MsL. went to college it hits me anew at the beginning of softball season that she has moved on to a new phase of her life and is not our little girl any more.
  We were a softball family. When she was little Mr.L was an assistant coach and I was the team mom.  Once we signed her up for the new season out came the bucket of balls our gloves and fun times in the backyard and at the games.
 
 
  She started in Kindergarten and use to run on her tip-toes down the first base line earning her the nickname "twinkle toes" Little. That first year she spent more time playing in the dirt than being the short stop. She was so cute!
 
 
  MsL. played softball through her Junior year of High School. She played left field and could throw down to home plate like nobodies business. One of her coaches nicknamed her "Hollywood" because she always had her sunglasses on. Her favorite quote: If softball was easy it would be called baseball!
  I miss those times...
 
 
TTFN,
Chris =] 

 

3 comments:

  1. Hiya, seems I am your partner for the Anything Goes Easter Swap! Please email me at scwk0511(at)yahoo(dot)com so we can get to know each other and swap addresses!

    Hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so sweet that you have saved all of these pics Chris! Your "twinkle toes" was the athletic girl that I longed to be while growing up! I made myself join just about every sport there was. But it was not meant to be! LOL I do not have an athletic bone in my body!
    I bet you're so proud that she stuck with it all those years!
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, this got me teary eyed.....so sweet!

    ReplyDelete