How do you turn this
Into this ?
It's super simple!
I found the bunny containers three to a package at a dollar store.
- One coat of Kilz primer, I use kilz on almost everything.
- Two coats of acrylic paint, all you are doing is coloring in the lines.
- To get the highs and lows of the bunny to stand out make a wash of brown paint and water, brush the wash liberally over the bunny working a section at a time then using a slightly damp paper towel gently blot off the excess brown paint. Repeating until you got the look you want.
- With a liner brush fill in the eyes and mouth with the brown. Make a wash with the light pink and water for the inside of the ears.
- Seal with a clear spray paint, I used glossy.
- One one bunny I used the brown for the nose and on the other bunny I used the pink wash.
The ladies in my Cropaholic's Group thought the bunny was ceramic until I popped it's head off! and my swap partner thought it was a vintage candy container. Not too shabby if I do say so myself.