Saturday, March 23, 2013

521 lake street easter swap and a new blog friend


   I participated in Sandy's Easter swap and she matched me up with Linda at lutka and co. . We have so many things in common that Linda could be my crafting twin! The first thing I see when I go to her blog is a post about how she collects retro (Dickson and Ardco) paper mache angel figures, other than myself she is the first one I've seen who does. We both have the same gold angel figure.
I had so much fun being her swap partner.

 
 
   My box was filled with so many great goodies! Linda sent my a pair of her handmade bead earrings - not in pink ;), spring colored vintage linens, an Easter hand towel that MrL is under orders not to use so it doesn't get dirty, a bunny banner that is perfect for the mantel,the See's Easter candy didn't last long enough to get in the photo. I was so touched that she sent temporary tattoos for the little munchkins at school.
 
  
   That was just the beginning... A German Nestler egg, I love the image of the bunny sleeping under the cottonwood tree and a happy moon after a long day hiding eggs. Linda told me when she went thrifting she kept seeing angels, so now I have two more paper mache ones. It's funny because when I went thrifting I was looking for paper mache angels to send to her, but alas I didn't find any.
 
 
 
    All that and I haven't even gotten to the spoolie yet! Doesn't it make you think of spring and all types of happy thing?  I smile every time I look at it. And if that wasn't enough I got two spoolies!! Want to see the best Easter spoolie ever?!
 


   
   If your not into geeky British science fiction TV then you won't know what Dr Who is, but luckily for me Linda's daughter does and convinced her to make a Dr Who Easter spoolie. When I saw this I was laughing and jumping around the kitchen in excitement. I love that Linda thought outside of the box and came up with a non-traditional spoolie. FYI-The chicks are wearing their helmets to prevent mind control.
 
 
TTFN,
Chris =]

6 comments:

  1. How sweet everything is! That Dr Who Easter spoolie is so funny...This swap was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a lot of fun with this swap too. that little bunny garland you received is adorable! and the dr who spoolie is hysterical!
    one more week.. adn the bunny comes!!
    have a great day
    xoxo
    vivian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, it was a lot of fun - Thanks for being my swap partner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wasn't that swap great, so much fun! This Whovian adores (!) your Dr. Who spoolie, just the best.

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What treasures you received! I have had so much fun jumping from blog to blog looking at all the wonderful treasures and fun everyone had :) The Dr. Who spoolie is hysterical! I love it! My college age daughter absolutely loves Dr. Who and when I show her this I am sure she will have a fit. Love all of your sweet stories about your kids. I have taught preschool, kindergarten Sunday School and have helped out at my children's schools and kids are just wonderful and so full of like. I know that they keep you young! Have a wonderful day, Holly
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete