Wednesday, February 20, 2013

1st bird swap

I joined " A little birdie told me" swap over at Yarnigras Swapper. I was paired up with Shelly who is a scrapbooker too. You should see her pages about her turtle Sheldon who lives in her craft room.

 
She made me this gourd birdhouse which won't be housing any birds, it's too pretty to go outside.
 
 
This bird nest charm was part of the hanger for the gourd, I'm going to use it on a necklace instead.
 
 
I almost bought myself this same little bird. I really like the lace cutouts.
 
 
The bluebird candle will look really pretty with the light glowing thru it. Mr L was intrigued with the homemade bird seed feeders. I'm going to have to find a place to hang them so the Junco's can reach them but the Scrub Jay's can't.
 

 
This is what I made. I wasn't going for anything Valentine"y" but sometimes things just work out that way. 
 
 
TTFN,
Chris =]








5 comments:

  1. Very pretty Chris !!! It looks very sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Bird Swap! What a great idea!
    Everything that you received is great. I like the bird charm the best, and I agree. I'd have to wear it as a neckalce too.
    Your creation is lovely! I like folk art like that.
    I bet she was thrilled with it too.
    Thanks for sharing Chris-
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got great bird stuff! But I LOVE your bluebirds! Bluebirds make me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy cats! That is GORGEOUS. I mean, all of these creations are amazing but your bird box is spectacular. Wowzers! What a treat for the recipient :)

    ReplyDelete