Sunday, December 2, 2012

warm week, rainy weekend

 
You sure can't tell it's the beginning of December around here temp's in the low 70's and flowers in my backyard are blooming.

 
    I was surprised to see I have strawberries growing!!

 
      I had to refill the hummingbird feeder because we still have 4 Anna hummingbirds here. They will fly to the feeder, see that it is empty and as they fly away chirp their dislike.
 
 
   They usually disappear for a few months, then come back around March/April and start making their nests for the new babies. This is the fifth year they have been back.

 
   The leaves on the Mulberry tree are finally starting to turn yellow.
 
 
 
    My camellia bushes will start to bloom en masse any day now and last through January. After the camellia's are done the cyclamen will start to bloom. I like having flowers during the winter.
 
  
    It has rained for the last three days, but it feels more like spring and not winter. Not that I'm complaining, we can certainly use the rain and I will take this over an east coast winter any day.
 
TTFN,
Chris =]


 
 
 

 





3 comments:

  1. I get tired of the snow, but I have to admit that it is beautiful and I would miss it if we didnt have it. I just wish we could control it and keep if off the roads! lol
    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Thank you so much for visiting me at Creative Breathing. I have enjoyed back tracking through your posts. Your Christmas decorations are wonderful! So many! I laughed at the cute pictures of your family posing after putting up the tree. I hope you have a joyous Christmas! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. We could sure use some of your rain here in South-Central Texas. Feels like Spring here. Love the picture and hummers are so much fun to watch.
    Christmas Blessings,
    Audrey Z. http://audreyzumwalt.blogspot.com/
    Timeless Treasures.

    ReplyDelete