Wednesday, December 5, 2012

my other girls

I would like to introduce you to my other "children".  I have been a Girl Scout Leader since Ms L. was in 1st grade and now she will be graduating college this coming spring. 17 years as a leader + 3 years as a girl, this is my 20th year as a Girl Scout.


Needless to say I enjoy it! This year I have a combo troop of 14 girls. 1/2 Juniors - 4th and 5th grade, and 1/2 Cadettes - 6,7 and 8th grade. If you had told me 4 years ago that I would be a Cadette Leader I would have laughed. I liked being with the younger girls, I didn't have the patience to deal with the pre-teen attitude. When Ms L was in 6th grade it was all I could do to not velcro the girls to the wall. But with age comes wisdom and a calmer me.

not all of the Cadettes
 Most of the girls stay for a few years before their active duty parent gets orders and they have to move again, except for the cutie in the red striped shirt. She has been "my" Girl Scout ever since 1st grade and will be until she is done.
 
The Juniors
Another thing Girl Scouts has given me is friends. Some of my longest adult friendships are with ladies whom I have been Leaders with and parents of girls as I have been the Girl Scout Leader.
 
 
 
TTFN,
Chris =]
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to your service in the Girl Scout program. Win, win situation. Your "girls" look very happy.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z.

    ReplyDelete