Tuesday, December 18, 2012

a revamped fry box

   I'm a little behind the times, but i didn't know that a certain fast food chain started using these small, cute fry boxes in the kids meals. Mr L. and I have not eaten in a fast food restaurant in over two years. Oops... I take that back I did a few weeks ago... the things I'm willing to do for my Girl Scout troop.
Anyway...
   A parent brought lunch for all the kids and iced strawberry frapacoffee drink (I don't normally drink at that coffee place) for the teachers to celebrate one of our students birthdays. These specific parents are very nice - and not just because they spoil us. =]
Off track again...
   The french fry's came in a mini fry box instead of a paper envelope, I have this thing for anything miniature. I decide to turn the boxes into a tiny wall pocket. It was super easy and quick.

 
Supplies:
- any size fry box
- scrapbook or any other type of paper
- scissors,tacky glue, hot glue gun, hole punch
- pipe cleaner
- florist foam
- assorted greenery - fake or real
- tchotchke's of your choice
 


Directions:
- Open the fry box and glue it face down on your paper. ** If you are using a paper with a directional pattern make sure you glue it the right way up.**
- To give it a clean outer edge, cut around the box giving yourself at least a 1/4 allowance.
-  At the curves cut small strips of the paper to the edge of the box, fold in and glue down.
- At each point (blue arrows) cut to the box, trimming any overlapping or odd protruding corners and glue down.
- Using a glue gun reassemble the fry box.
- Using hole punch, punch hole on either side of box and attach pipe cleaner
- Fill with flower foam, arrange greenery and add tchotchke's.
Have fun!!


TTFN,
Chris =]



4 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Chris! I had to giggle when I first read this post as I couldn't believe that McDonalds was handing out such cutely patterned fry boxes! You had me! What a cute idea! I loved your post featuring your cat on the back of your chair. Mine does the same thing. How do they ever balance? Your Putz houses are wonderful! I haven't made one yet, but I received one. I think I will have the bug to make my own next year as well. OMGosh the outside of your house is so beautifully decorated! Enjoy your holiday baking and your Christmas day! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea with using the fry boxes. Just never thought of that and could cover them with almost anything.
    Happy New Year.
    Audrey Z.
    Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute recycling project! :-)

    ReplyDelete