When I bought the house it had two more windows on the top and the bottom but I didn't like it so I covered them up with painters tape before I spray painted it. I used aquarium gravel for the chimney and joint compound for the snow. Then I glittered EVERYTHING. It took me days to clean up the glitter but it was worth it.
With a yellow sharpie I colored small pieces of vellum then taped those over the windows. You are asking how I managed that little bit of craftiness?! I am goood... Okay, the roof came off.
Playing around with the tan and brown sharpies I came up with what I think is a good approximation to wood grain for the front door. Then came the fun part - the accessorizing. I cut down the bottle brush trees and Santa's legs to fit (Sorry Santa). I hot glued the roof to the house then covered the line with red and silver pipe cleaner.
I cut a hole in the back and inserted a clip light to make the windows glow. If I actually planned while doing this project I would have cut the hole as one of the first steps and not the last!
My favorite part is the door and the most time consuming was the chimney, I placed those stones one by one.
FYI - if you are using colored glitter Do Not put the snow down first. Duh!
The stocking was a pre-cut kit that I hand sewed and filled with a few handmade ornaments and Mary Engelbreit fun.
Thanks for looking!