Thursday, October 25, 2012

why a dandelion

I was asked if the dandelion at the top of my blog meant anything. Yes it does

Other than a very pretty picture I was able to download for free it represents the one consistent thing in my ever evolving life, being a military dependent. I have never been a civilian, I am proud to say that I spent the first 22 years as an AF Brat and since then as a AF Spouse.
 
 
"We" definitely bloom anywhere. Moving every three years you learn how to reestablish yourself in a new environment.  
   If I remember correctly the dandelion is the "official" symbol for military children.
 
PS I don't want anyone to think that I think military families are the only families who move frequently.  
 
TTFN,
Chris =]
 

4 comments:

  1. It is a beautiful picture. Are you still moving around alot or have you finally settled?
    I lived my first 5 years in one spot, then the next 13 in another (on the same street!). when I moved out on my own I did some apartment bouncing for a couple years. but we've lived here for 27 years! Just the thought of moving makes me anxious! lol!!
    have a great weekend
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was an AF brat too....but as an adult, I move almost as much! I have such wanderlust....which I attribute to all the moves when I was young. I love it though. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't imagine having to pick up and move every 3 years. The dandelion seems quite appropriate then. :)
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will always think of that when I see a dandelion...thanks

    ReplyDelete