Friday, October 5, 2012

Sand Castles

I work with Special Needs Preschoolers and LOVE every minute of it! Even the hard days, I have a job that has a lot of personal and professional satisfaction. I am one of the lucky people.
Most people don’t realize how much of my day is spent teaching our children HOW to play. It’s an amazing feeling to realize that I showed a child something he never knew before. It was so simple too.
 I was sitting in the sand box with him and we were filling a very big bucket with damp sand.  Once it was full I pulled it a short distance away form him and he automatically scooted closer, so I did the same thing again and he did the same thing again. It was then that I realized he didn’t know what I was going to do next.  So I picked him up and moved him back so we had some room then took the bucket and flipped it over. He looks up at me with this confused look on his face. I smile at him, take hold of the bucket and lift it up. He looks at me gets this big grin on his face looks down at the castle, raises his arms looks at me to see if I'm going to stop him and SMOOsh right through it. That was all it took for him to understand the fun of making sand castles then destroying them to start again.


TTFN,
Chris =]

2 comments:

  1. What is so darn satisfying about squashing a sand castle? I'm not sure; but it's pretty universal! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to spend a day!

    ReplyDelete