Wednesday, October 17, 2012

In my craft room

 
 
 
  Miss L. been having a hard time with her organic chemistry class so I made her a countdown to Christmas chain which is when her class is over.  Hopefully it reminds her that the end is close and cheer her up.
 

  New bookmarks made from paint samples tags and a few of my doodles. My favorite part is the decorative snap on the flower bookmark.


  I am so ready for Christmas! I might have made one or two ornaments all ready.
- the hanging paper ornament is a preprinted pattern that I dressed up.
- the silver night is a diorama of snowman and tree cake decorations.
- a snowman sticker is layered atop medallions of scrapbook paper and a book page.
- not that you can tell but the angel, cat and flowers are layered to look 3 dimensional.
- a friend gave me a huge bag filled with wine corks so of course I had to make a cork reindeer.
- the wooden snowmen I painted and created a little woodsy scene.
- last but not least a sparkly felt scotty dog.


  This is a project in process. I signed up for a ornament swap over at my artistic life. The rule is I have to use one item from her shop, so I'm using the mermaids. My problem is my idea is fast expanding out of the ornament range. So it will be more of a decoration and not so much an ornament.

 
Say Hi Dudley!
 
  This started out as a completely different project. I was trying to make a cat but it turned into a fox, so I redesigned it's tail and went with it. While making him I was thinking about my next project which was the topper for our Christmas tree. It was going to be an angel bunny but i wasn't sure it was what I wanted. Then it hit me... Turn this guy into my tree topper!! His wings are feathers glued to cardboard and Mr. L did a great job on Windsor knot for the tie. I'm going to name him Dudley.    
 
 

This little gut doesn't have a name yet. He is my first art doll -  okay lets call it what it really is - my first toy from Felt Friends From Japan craft book. I'm going to make the deer next.

 

 
 
I hope you enjoyed a look into my craft room.
 
TTFN,
Chris =]
 

2 comments:

  1. i love your ornaments! the fox is perfection....I need him for my YOE tree...!

    ReplyDelete